View our full Training Course and Venue List here
This is a one day course. Arrival time 9am with the course starting at 9.30am and finishing at 4.30pm.
This workshop will give you an understanding of key outstanding rating characteristics set by CQC and how to create systems to evidence and sustain your rating. It is important that the preparatory work before your next inspection is done in such a way that it truly reflects the positive aspects of your service and the people involved in making your service special.
The workshop will cover the core regulations that are required to ensure that a ‘solid good’ can be achieved and then overlay this with the outstanding characteristics that you can adopt in your own service. There are common denominators of outstanding services; having a well-supported outstanding manager, having sufficient resources invested in the service and a clear vision from director/provider level. We will look at how to build your own sustainability plan and keep it under review in a practical way. We will also give you ideas on how to manage a CQC inspection in a way that will keep the focus on all the outstanding areas of care.
Sharing from our own portfolio of experience, we will cover innovative ways in which services have achieved and sustained CQC Outstanding rating. We will draw on National best practice guidance and look at various innovations.
- Identify the importance of commencing your outstanding journey on a good foundation. What are the common areas of non-compliance when outstanding homes are re-inspected?
- Examine the key rating characteristics of outstanding and carry out a practical exercise in linking current practice to outstanding expectations. What are the unique areas in your own service that demonstrate the elements of outstanding?
- Practically carry out a service specific staff team analysis and wellbeing temperature check. Identify areas where staff can be developed and supported further. Are there any potential champions within the staff team that would benefit from development?
- Recognise what outstanding practice looks like, by exploring what a true person-centred experience is.
- Prepare ways in which you can successfully steer the CQC Inspection process to ensure focus on evidence of outstanding areas. Practical and service specific ideas to evidence that your service is outstanding.
- Gain an understanding of the sustainability pitfalls that Providers have experienced and how to avoid them. What does a sustainability plan need to include and how should we be monitoring these plans? Ensuring that your own sustainability plan is mapped out in achievable and practical way.