Use this service to create a QR code for display in your venue. Get visitors to scan the QR code when they arrive, using the NHS COVID-19 app. This is to help trace and stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have more than one venue, you need to create a separate QR code for each location. You can add multiple locations in the service.
You will need:
- your email address
- the address of your business, place of worship, community organisation or event
If you have more than one venue, you will also need:
- the address of each location
- an email address for the manager (or point of contact) for each location
- a phone number for the manager (or point of contact) for each location
Getting your QR code
You’ll receive your QR code poster by email soon after you have submitted your information. If you have more than one location, the manager (or point of contact) for each location will also receive a unique QR code poster by email.
What to do when you receive your QR code
When you receive your QR code poster you should:
- print the poster
- display the poster somewhere visitors can see it and scan it when they arrive, for example, next to the entrance
- ask visitors to scan the QR code when they arrive, using their NHS COVID-19 app
- display as many posters as you need to, to avoid queues forming
If you do not have a printer, you can show the QR code on a display screen, such as a TV or tablet. Make sure it’s within reach so visitors can scan it with their mobile phones.
Help and support
If you need more information on creating a QR code poster for your business, check the NHS commonly asked questions website.
If you have any other questions about using the online service, you can call the QR code support service.
QR code support
Telephone: 0800 540 4900
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Find out about call charges